As many of you know, there are many wildfires on the West Coast destroying communities and land.
In Oregon, wildfires have already burned more than 400,000 acres. I grew up in Southern Oregon, which is being hit hard by wildfires. So many people have lost homes and businesses. So many people have been evacuated and are unsure of where to go. It is already such a difficult time. My heart breaks for everyone affected by the fires.
It definitely hits harder when cities and towns you grew up in are burning up.
The goal of this post is to provide information for everyone affected by these horrific fires. If there is anything I can do to help anyone, please reach out.
- This spreadsheet was made to share resources for those impacted by the Almeda fire: https://bit.ly/32fWysg
- Here is a current article with updates: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/us/fires-oregon-california-live-updates.html
- Resources for the wildfires near Portland: https://bit.ly/3k8EczJ
- United Way of Lane County launched an emergency fund to support local wildfire response efforts across Lane County: https://bit.ly/2RjsTZh
- How to help the victims of the Oregon wildfires: https://www.pdxmonthly.com/news-and-city-life/2020/09/here-s-how-to-help-the-victims-of-oregon-s-wildfires
- KOBI-TV NBC5 has done a good job providing updates on social media. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kobitv
- Oregon Wildfire Resources: https://wildfire.oregon.gov/?fbclid=IwAR3WUHiBwZYSAV_tlmcdfahBwodkiX-IheXlZx5tGMcMHjAIpr9tSbsw87o
- Paddington Station in Ashland, Oregon, is providing fresh changes of clothes to those displaced by fires from 12:30 -3:30pm starting today: https://www.facebook.com/PaddingtonStationAshland/
- From the Siskiyou School: https://www.facebook.com/siskiyouschool/posts/3587208141310206
- The Medford School District created a page with Wildfire Event Updates and Resources, including free meal sites and where to find updates: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rv9cKt_gwNma2m0nh2BWaRZzGKIF6XvreRNhWCwcZNU/edit
- Check out the Red Cross in your area. They are providing as much support and assistance as they can.
- Here is a Fire Evacuation Checklist to help you plan:
I will update this post with more helpful information as I get it, but I wanted to put this out as quickly as I could.
Please, be careful and stay safe.